Appointments for seniors and individuals with disabilities will begin November 1, 2014, and appointments for the general public will begin December 1, 2014. To schedule an appointment, please call:
- Benton County: 541-752-2840
- Lincoln County: 541-265-3293
- Linn County: 541-926-7163
- Hunger and malnutrition increases when people are forced to choose between heating and eating.
- Personal health suffers as people are not able to fill prescriptions, must skip or reduce their medications, or go without needed medical or dental care.
- Seniors, people with disabilities or medical conditions, and small children are put at risk of hypothermia.
- Health and safety is endangered by people using alternate heat or light sources such as kerosene heaters, candles, lanterns, fireplaces or charcoal briquettes.
- Evictions increase and more people become homeless. Many never regain their housing and children leave school.
- Loss of utility service contributes to children going into foster care, as living without utility service is considered neglect.
- People in subsidized housing risk losing their housing voucher if their power is shut off.
Total energy payments: $1,598,021.69 (4.5% decrease over 12-13)
Total served: 5,283 Households (10% decrease over 12-13) including 13,106 individuals (7% decrease over 12-13)
- Benton County – 1,006 unduplicated households served
- Lincoln County – 1,129 unduplicated households served
- Linn County – 3,148 unduplicated households served
- 1,543 households with at least one member who is a senior
- 1,932 households with at least one member who is disabled
- 1,067 households with at least one child under the age of 6 years old
- 506 households with at least one member who is a veteran
- 829 households headed by a single female parent
- 84 households headed by a single male parent
- 65% (or 3,455 households) earned less than 100% of the Federal Poverty Level
- 48% of the households served were at risk of having their heat turned off.
To support this program or any of CSC’s poverty-fighting programs and services, visit our website at www.communityservices.us. Donations may be made through our website or mailed to our main office: Community Services Consortium, 245 Broadalbin Street, Suite 2A, Albany, OR 97321.