As this year comes to a close, we wanted to share some of our successes and the impact that your support has made.
- We helped thousands of households in Linn, Benton, and Lincoln counties with energy assistance. This included a family with young children, which kept them safe and warm and allowed the father to continue his work towards a medical degree.
- We prevented hundreds of households from becoming homeless by providing housing and financial assistance. This included preventing a Linn County veteran and his family from being evicted from their home by making arrangements with the landlord, and providing support so they could make a plan to get back on track.
- We provided more than 40 adults with the job training they needed to find work or get better jobs, and helped nearly 70 at-risk youth to complete their educations.
- We put millions of pounds of food on the table of families in Linn and Benton county with the help of a network of 74 member agencies—including emergency food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters and gleaning groups.
- We helped prepare 160 children for success in kindergarten and beyond with the support of Head Start.
"One of our Workforce & Education scholarship recipients in the Nursing program met with me today. She said that she is working as a C.N.A. this summer and that one of her patients, who is in hospice, is unable to afford the care she needs.
Our scholarship recipient is working for this patient at a reduced rate because the spring term tuition, fees, and supplies paid for by the CSC scholarship saved her enough money to be able to help out this patient.
The CSC scholarship has truly changed the world for this hospice patient." Maggie Underwood, Principal Employment Advisor at CSC
If you haven't had a chance to offer your support, please consider making a tax-deductible donation so that we can continue to help people and change lives in your neighborhood.
You can make a donation by clicking here, calling 541-928-6335, or mailing your donation to 250 Broadalbin St, 2A, Albany, OR, 97321.
Community Services Consortium