Thursday, March 6, 2014
The program has been in operation in Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington counties since July 2013, and is now expanding to serve all Oregon counties. The program is based on the Rebuilding American Homeownership proposal by Oregon Senator Jeff Merkley.
For more information, read the press release here.
- Go to www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards to sign up for the Community Rewards program, which links your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to Head Start of Lincoln County. You can search for Head Start of Lincoln County by name or by their non-profit number (89698).
- Every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping Head Start of Lincoln County earn a donation!
- You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today.
- If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
Monday, March 3, 2014
CSC's Workforce & Education department recently coordinated with workforce partner agencies Linn Benton Community College, the City of Harrisburg, and three local employers to provide information sessions on February 25 to the workers affected by the February closure of Allied Specialty Vehicles/Monaco RV.
According to the Albany Democrat-Herald, the Linn County plant closed on Monday, February 10. The company would not disclose details or how many jobs were lost with the closure. Monaco was purchased by Allied Specialty Vehicles last May. The parent company plans to discontinue production of its towable vehicles. It will instead focus on producing motorized RVs in Decatur, Ind.
Welcome to CSC's blog and e-newsletter!
These communications tools can be used to make announcements, acknowledge donors and volunteers, post videos and slideshows–whatever we want to share with our online community.
There are 3 ways to deliver info to stakeholders:
- The blog itself, which can be linked to our current website
- Email news blasts (blog articles sent via email as eNewsletters)
- RSS Feed (subscribers read in Google Reader or other feed reader, can also send posts to Facebook and Twitter)
If you have agency/program information you'd like posted on this blog, please send full text and/or photos and videos, ideas, or suggestions to Janet Hessel and she will take the next steps.