Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Look for the following resources, services and free items you will find there:
• Job searching resources • Blood pressure screening and general medical help • Addiction treatment and recovery resources • Public school information • Health insurance options for children and teens • Personal identification application help • Affordable housing resources • Haircuts • Reading glasses
• Dental screening • Sunscreen, first-aid and grooming supplies • New socks • Pet supplies
• Free lunch
This event is made possible by Community Services Consortium and the City of Albany
WHERE: Albany Boys & Girls Club, 1215 Hill St., SE, Albany
WHEN: Thursday, May 17, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For more information, call 541-917-7507
Monday, May 7, 2012
Put food by your mailbox on Saturday, May 12
Help stamp out hunger! Saturday morning, May 12, just place a bag of nonperishable food donations by your mailbox for the National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC) Food Drive. The Letter Carriers or Linn Benton Food Share volunteers will pick it up.
On this day, everyone can help donate food to the families in their community who need emergency food.
The “Stamp Out Hunger” is the largest one-day food drive in the nation. The National Association of Letter Carriers food drive has collected more than one-billion pounds of food nationally since the food drive started. This will be the 20th annual food drive to help out millions of American families who are struggling to make ends meet.
In Oregon, more than 4,000 letter carriers in urban and rural areas will join the national effort to pick up food from postal customers. Locally, the letter carriers food drive benefits Linn Benton Food Share, serving people who are hungry in Linn and Benton counties.
How to help:
Look for foods high in nutrition and low in sugar and fat, such as: Canned meats and meals: Tuna fish, chicken, soups, stews & chili. Canned fruits, preferably low sugar. Canned vegetables, preferably low sugar and sodium. Boxed meals: pasta, potatoes, rice and legumes.
Welcome to CSC's blog and e-newsletter!
These communications tools can be used to make announcements, acknowledge donors and volunteers, post videos and slideshows–whatever we want to share with our online community.
There are 3 ways to deliver info to stakeholders:
- The blog itself, which can be linked to our current website
- Email news blasts (blog articles sent via email as eNewsletters)
- RSS Feed (subscribers read in Google Reader or other feed reader, can also send posts to Facebook and Twitter)
If you have agency/program information you'd like posted on this blog, please send full text and/or photos and videos, ideas, or suggestions to Janet Hessel and she will take the next steps.